If you have seen the video, then you should read the recipe for making my Egg Fried Spaghetti.
Egg Fried Spaghetti RecipePrint This
1 tablespoon of cooking butter
1 tablespoon of olive oil
5 tablespoon of light soy sauce
3 tablespoons chilli/hot sauce or chilli powder
½ tablespoon of turmeric powder
1 cup of chicken sausage cut in bite size chunks
1 cup of mushroom cut in bite size chunks
½ cup of chopped spring onions (shallots)
1 cup of finely chopped carrots
¼ cup of green peas
500g of spaghetti
- Transfer the spaghetti into heated water and bring to a boil. When it is 90% done, drain out excess water, run cold water through it and pour in a sieve.
- Add 1 table spoon of olive oil into a heated pan.
- Whisk three (3) eggs and transfer the mixture into the heated pan.
- Allow it fry for few minutes on a low heat (eggs are best fried on a low heat)
- Shred the scrambled egg, when it is cold or shred while frying.
- Set aside in a bowl.
- Add 2 table spoon of olive oil into a heated pan.
- Add the chicken sausage and mushroom and fry for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the fried egg and mushroom into the same bowl with the scrambled egg.
- Using the same pan, add a table spoon of cooking butter and sauté the finely chopped carrot for 2 minutes.
- Add the fried chicken sausage, mushroom and scrambled egg.
- Add the parboiled spaghetti.
- Give it a quick stir.
- Add ½ table spoon of turmeric powder, add 5 table spoon of light soy sauce.
- Add 3 table spoon of chilli/ hot sauce or chilli pepper (if you are cooking less than a packet, you can use less chilli sauce so as not to get too much oil)
- Give it a thorough stir, to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Add the finely chopped onions and green peas.
- Give it a final stir and turn off heat immediately.
You can use any oil of your choice or cooking butter all through. For those who don’t like pasta, you can use any long grain rice of your choice.